Cassandra L. Armsworthy
Family Law Lawyer
Cassandra practices primarily in the area of family law and child protection. She has experience representing clients on a wide variety of issues, including divorce, custody, grandparent access, child support, spousal support, and property division. She has appeared in the Family Court of Nova Scotia, Supreme Court of Nova Scotia, and Supreme Court of Nova Scotia (Family Division). She has also appeared before the Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador (Family Division).
When dealing with family law disputes, Cassandra places a high emphasis on crafting practical, common-sense solutions that will work for clients and their families. She provides clear and candid advice to allow clients to navigate through the process as smoothly as possible and resolve their disputes in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Cassandra also has a keen interest in how family law issues play out on the international stage and has studied issues relating to international child abduction and Hague Convention applications, jurisdictional disputes, cross-border support, and property division.
Areas of Law
- Appeared before the Family Court of Nova Scotia, Supreme Court of Nova Scotia, Supreme Court of Nova Scotia (Family Division), and Supreme Court of Newfoundland and Labrador (Family Division).
- Represented clients in a variety of family law and child protection matters, including divorce, child custody, child support, grandparent access, spousal support, and property division
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Past Chair & Vice Chair, Law Students Section, Canadian Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Colchester East Hants Hospice Society (2019)
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Legal Clinic, Supreme Court of Nova Scotia (2019)
- Treasurer & Scholarship Committee Chair, Catholic Women’s League – Immaculate Conception Council (2016-present)
- Volunteer, Nova Scotia 4-H Program (1996-present)
- Bar Admission: Nova Scotia, 2014
- LL.M., (Schulich School of Law, in progress, anticipated completion 2020)
- J.D. (Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University, 2013)
- B.A. (Honours), History (University of Prince Edward Island, 2005)