Emily is an active member of the corporate commercial group and the real property group at Patterson Law.
Emily earned her law degree at the Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University. Prior to entering the legal profession, Emily was an award-winning piano and theory teacher. Emily received her Master of Music degree in piano performance at the University of Ottawa and her Bachelor of Music degree in piano performance at Dalhousie University. Emily dedicated her time to developing a successful piano and theory studio. Its success was based on Emily establishing strong client relationships and tailoring her results-based approach to each client’s goals and needs.
A client-centered approach drives Emily’s corporate commercial and real property practice. Emily’s corporate commercial practice includes purchases and sales of businesses, financing, contract negotiations, shareholder agreements, and commercial lease review. Her real property practice includes working with new developers and attending to the property-related needs of corporate clients. This includes purchase and sale of residential and commercial property, zoning and land use review, access investigations, easement agreements, incorporation of homeowners associations, condominium development, and addressing property disputes.
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Bar Admission: Nova Scotia, June 2022
- J.D. (Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University, 2021)
- MMus (University of Ottawa, 2016)
- BMus, Distinction, (Dalhousie University, 2013)
- Sarah MacWalker MacKenzie Clinical Law Award, 2021
- Schulich Entrance Scholarship in Law, 2019
- Royal Conservatory of Music Gold Medal Teacher Award, 2017
- Dalhousie University Medal in Music, 2013