Karen Killawee has focused on family law and civil litigation for more than 15 years. While a skilled litigator, Karen is also a fully trained collaborative lawyer and a qualified mediator, tools she uses to help clients navigate more smoothly and efficiently through separation and divorce. Karen is active in her community, sitting on the Board of Directors of the Dismas Society and Admissions Committee for Lavers House.
Areas of Law
- Karen has extensive experience representing children and youths in child protection matters, is a skilled courtroom advocate and negotiator and strives to provide dignified, cost effective solutions to conflicts arising from separation and divorce.
- Best Lawyers in Canada: recognized for Family Law, 2018-2023
- Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Bar Admission: Nova Scotia, 1998
- LL.B. (University of New Brunswick, 1997)
- B.A. (Dalhousie University, 1993)