Kristopher is a problem solver. He helps people and businesses with estate, property and commercial disputes. He also has extensive experience with personal injury claims, including motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, and complex commercial liability cases. Kristopher’s clients include estate litigants, seriously injured people, property owners, lawyers and contractors.
Kristopher’s civil litigation experience is extensive and is fulfilling for him. His insurance law background includes a wide ambit of property, casualty, and professional liability claims. In that context he has handled malpractice claims against lawyers and teachers. This necessarily has kept him exposed to many different areas of the law.
Areas of Law
From over a decade of practice, Kristopher has represented clients in a wide variety of complex matters, stretching across estate litigation, personal injury claims, property disputes, and commercial litigation. He has helped people advance claims relating to motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, assaults, and drug overdoses.
- Carleton County Law Association (“CCLA”)
- Advocates’ Society
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
- CCLA Diversity Committee, Founding co-creator, 2016
- Carleton County Law Association Board of Trustees, 2013 – 2016
- CCLA New Lawyers Committee, 2013 – 2016
- CCLA Membership Committee, Co-chair, 2013 – 2016
- OBA Insurance Law Executive, Member-At-Large, 2012 – 2017
- “Take it to the limits: Section 5(1)(a)(iv) of the Limitations Act, 2002” CCLA Litigation Conference – 2018
- “Stretch it out: Flexibility with limitations periods and Section 5(1)(a)(iv) of the Limitations Act, 2002” Kingston & 1000 Islands Legal Conference – 2018.
- “Heartbreak Hotel: Squeezed Out Minority Shareholders and the Oppression Remedy” CCLA Annual Solicitors Conference – 2015
- “Is the Jury Out?!” CCLA Litigation Conference – 2014
- “Money Talks! Critical Financial Issues in Personal Injury Law” Developer / Chair, OBA CLE Symposium – 2014
- “I am not a doctor, but I play one in Court! Critical Issues re: Medical Experts in Personal Injury Claims” Developer / Chair, OBA CLE Symposium – 2013
- “Justice System in Crisis?” Access to Justice Panel Discussion, Developer / Host, Ottawa Writers Festival – 2013
- “Lost in Compensation? Navigating Collateral Benefits for Injured Plaintiffs” Developer / Chair, CCLA CLE Seminar – 2013
- “Falling for You: Critical Issues in Slip-Trip-&-Fall Claims” Developer / Co-chair, OBA CLE Symposium – 2013
- “Best Intentions: Extrinsic Evidence & Contract Interpretation” CCLA Annual Litigation Conference – 2009
- Bar Admission: Ontario, 2010
- LL.B. (University of Ottawa, 2009)
- B.A., Honours (University of Ottawa, 2004)